- Petite Stevia™ is the newest innovation from Fresh Origins!
- Stevia is rapidly gaining popularity as the first all natural alternative to sugar.
- Extracts of Stevia have up to 300 times the sweetness of sugar!
- Our Petite Stevia will add a sweet touch to tropical cocktails, desserts, and savory main courses.
- Medical research has also shown possible benefits of stevia in treating obesity and high blood pressure.
- This remarkable herb has zero calories and zero carbohydrates!
- Native to South America, it has been used as a sweetener and flavor enhancer for centuries.
Stevia Mojito (Low Calorie)
½ Handful of Fresh Origins Petite Stevia™
½ Handful of Fresh Origins Mint Spearmint Tops
3 ounces club soda
2 ounces white Rum
1 ounce of Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
Cut lime into quarters, squeeze into glass and drop slices in. Tear up Stevia and Mint leaves and drop into glass. Set some aside for garnish.
Take a muddler and grind the lime and Stevia leaves in the bottom of the glass. Fill the glass to the top with ice. Then mix the ice with the Stevia and lime solution.
Next, add rum. Add the club soda now to the top of the glass. Add Petite Stevia™ and a lime wedge to the top of the drink to garnish. Toss in a straw and serve!
*Note: regular Mojitos require simple syrup or sugar in the mix, however using our sweeter than sweet Petite Stevia™ is a fresher and healthier substitution! This low calorie drink is great for dieters and those just trying to eat healthy.
“For centuries, the Guaraní tribes of Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil used stevia, which they called ka’a he’ê (“sweet herb”), as a sweetener in yerba mate and medicinal teas for treating heartburn and other ailments. More recent medical research has shown promise in treating obesity and hypertension. Stevia has a negligible effect on blood glucose, even enhancing glucose tolerance; therefore, it is attractive as a natural sweetener to diabetics and others on carbohydrate-controlled diets.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia